Process for Saucisson au Camembert

biggame
Beginner
Beginner

Process for Saucisson au Camembert

Post by biggame » Mon Nov 22, 2021 07:52

I have a couple recipes for Saucisson au Camembert but there are no details about how to prepare and add the cheese. I was wondering how a soft cheese like that would be mixed in. Would you freeze it and chop it? Other ideas or suggestions? Thank you!
biggame
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Process for Saucisson au Camembert

Post by biggame » Mon Nov 22, 2021 08:31

i just saw a video showing making of saucisson au roquefort, and looks like they just threw the roquefort in the grinder with the meat
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Nov 22, 2021 18:13

biggame wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 08:31
i just saw a video showing making of saucisson au roquefort, and looks like they just threw the roquefort in the grinder with the meat
Anyone can make a video and if they did what you describe they did not know what they were doing. I have eaten sausisson sec with camenbert and with roquefort and both had vible and distinct pieces of cheese in the sausage. When making this type of sausage, the cheese is folded in at the very end, after all the other spices and ingredients and the farce is athe ready to stuff stage. I would cube and semi freeze the camenbert and keep the roquefort very cold then add to the mixture and gently disperse. Keep everything at near freezing temp when stuffing. Add the cheese at 10-12% of the meat block, and cut back on the fat by that percentage.
biggame
Beginner
Beginner

Post by biggame » Mon Nov 22, 2021 23:45

That makes perfect sense to me! Throwing it in the grinder looked kind of gross. I have never had saucisson au camembert or roquefort, but it sounded interesting and I thought I would give it a shot. Thank you, as always, for your thoughtful response.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 07:26

Please post the process you used and report as to how it turned out. We all will learn from this. :wink:
biggame
Beginner
Beginner

Post by biggame » Fri Dec 17, 2021 07:43

I will give it a try and post the process and results. I use almost exclusively wild game, which I will note of course.