Sausage Slicer

Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Sausage Slicer

Post by Keymaster » Sat Jun 02, 2012 01:04

Awhile back someone from Europe on another forum posted a picture of a wooden slicer that I Liked so I copied it and made it out of food safe plastic. It still needs a lot of sanding and router the edges but here it is. If it works good I may make one out of walnut and Maple. I sharpened the stainless steel knife with a belt sander so I still need to take my diamond hone to it so its razor sharp.

ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jun 02, 2012 02:53

Very nice workmanship. I think that I would favor a knife and a cutting board.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 04:34

Pretty neat Aaron! How does it work?
About that hole in the handle... is that for the chain to go through?... you know... the one you chain your mother-in-law to the thing to do all the pushin'! :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
DLFL
Passionate
Passionate

Post by DLFL » Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:01

Very good job on it!!!!
Dick

Never quit learning!
Keymaster
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Keymaster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 02:30

Thanks guys, I really think like Ross said, I will use a knife more often than this . It was a idea to make out of wood so that when company comes over it is a nostalgic item that a person can pull out and leave a lasting memory in a persons mind of the fine salami that they either cut a slice on there own or had sliced for them. Hopefully not their thumb :mrgreen: anyway I will finish it in a few weeks and slice some salami and post some pictures if it is a winner or failure.....
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jun 03, 2012 03:10

Don't give up on it without playing with different blade angles. I think that you may need more of a slicing action than a chopping action. Posibly even a Vee shape knife that cuts from the bottom and the top on the same stroke.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sun Jun 03, 2012 04:02

Awesome workmanship there Aaron!

A while back I found a similar device called a "Biltong Slicer". I wish I would have time to build one of those, for now I just use a knife. :smile:

Ron