The Amazen Smoker

Maxell

Post by Maxell » Tue Apr 30, 2013 07:45

Hello Kevin.
Very good write in Polish. :grin:
Thank you very much for the link. : D
This is a very interesting and simple device. Write if you can, how you run the pipe.
Regards
Mirek
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 08:38

el Ducko wrote:any other tricks that I should know?
Hey Ducko,

I microwave the pellets on high for one minute, twice, a couple of minutes between. Always amazed ( no pun intended) how much steam comes off what I assume are dry pellets. Never misses lighting up and staying lit, even during rain, put into the device hot.
Regards,
Gus
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 17:52

Maxell wrote:Hello Kevin.
Write if you can, how you run the pipe.
Regards
Mirek
"A-maze-n" Smoker Tube: Add pellets to the pipe (or "pipe"), until it is full. (I prefer "Pitmaster's blend" pellets). Ignite pellet with a small flame. Let it burn for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the tube on the bottom rack of the box and the pipe will emit smoke for six hours. It is very easy to use and gives good smoke.Tube makes very little heat. Very good for cold smoking cheese and sausage!

"A-maze-n" palący Tube: Dodaj pelety do rury (lub "rura"), dopóki nie jest pełna. (Wolę "Pitmaster za Mieszanka" pelet). Ignite pelety z małym płomieniem. Niech się palić przez 3 do 5 minut. Umieścić probówkę na dole szafy w pole karne, a rura będzie wydobywać dym, przez sześć godzin. Jest bardzo łatwy w użyciu i daje dobre smoke.Tube czyni bardzo mało ciepła. Bardzo dobre dla zimnego sera palenia i kiełbasą!
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
Maxell

Post by Maxell » Tue Apr 30, 2013 18:15

Thank you very much and best regards.
Mirek
Pod ten adres proszę przesyłać zdjęcia i teksty. Zdjęcia muszą posiadać szerokość co najmniej 800 pikseli - wysokość nie jest istotna - ważne by były dobrej jakości.
maxell11@wp.pl
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Amazen Smoker

Post by Scogar » Mon Jan 04, 2021 19:29

Regurgitatin this post...

Last year I bought a Pescador Maze style cold smoker...it and other similar models seem unavailable on Amazon right now, but I wanted to inform the group that I am testing mine with white oak sawdust that I pulled from my DeWalt Planer (yep woodworking is yet another hobby). I wasn't sure that there were posts on this but I did a search and came up with this thread and possibly one more. But there are a lot of new people (myself included) who may not have seen these posts. And I wanted to give a run down on how this working for me right now. But first here's an image:

So this morning it was about 34F outside when I lit it off with a propane torch. I am not monitoring outside temp other than by Weather on internet. But this thing has been going since 0800 and the temp inside the smoke box is about 57F (which is pretty close to outside ambient). Still going strong at 1300 with up to 3? hours more. Of course I could load one more time before I go to bed and get a long day of cold smoke, but this is a meatless test run so no point now that I know it works and works well. My upcoming Polish sausage recipe potentials are improving. :wink:

For those who want an easy way to add cold smoke and have the saw dust this seems to work well.
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Albertaed » Tue Jan 05, 2021 05:23

I have one that is similar called a PRO Q. I’m also a woodworker so my planer shavings are put to good use as well.

https://dnrsausagesupplies.ca/product_i ... -etc-p-592
bcboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bcboy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 09:07

Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Scogar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 14:42

That's pretty cool
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Albertaed » Tue Jan 05, 2021 14:43

Very cool
bcboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bcboy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 04:09

bcboy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 09:07
Here is a video of one like I have built.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-X7yYmNQ4o

Here is a link.
https://www.meatsandsausages.com/smokeh ... -generator
I would not build the smoke generator that has the smoke intake tube on the bottom of the pipe, that holds the pellets. Because the slit in the tube will become clogged with pellet creosote. Please don't ask me how I found this out this. :mrgreen: :shock: :D