A-Mazen-smoke tube

fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

A-Mazen-smoke tube

Post by fatboyz » Fri Feb 03, 2017 15:39

Anybody use them? I bought one for cold smoking and am a little unsure if you can use it all by itself without another heat source? Just light it and let it go? I have country hams that will be getting some smoke in a couple months. If I can just light it and let it go that would be perfect.I could smoke for 3-4 hours/day for a few days.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Feb 03, 2017 16:26

I have the channel version. You don't need heat but you may need a torch to get them started. Also if it goes out increase are flow to your smoker. There is a learning curve.
More info here: http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopi ... ght=amazin
muxmun
User
User

Post by muxmun » Fri Feb 03, 2017 18:37

I have the smoke tube and use it a lot. With just the tube I smoke cheese and I also use it when I put almost anything on the grill. ribs, pot roast, pork roast etc. I have a pellet grill and the tube gives that extra bump of smoke that I otherwise don't get. I hope to use it for cold smoking meat soon.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 13:57

I have had the Amazen tray smoker for about 5 years and it worked really well in my Bradley but only to some extent in my PK Pro 100. A few months ago I bought the Amazen 12" pellet tube and am very happy with it. Works really well when hot smoking, in fact I stopped using my Smokai venturi type smoke generator. The latter worked well but produced a lot of tar and required more maintenance. The 12 inch tube burns cleaner, and generates good smoke for 4-5 hours when filled.
garth

Post by garth » Sun Feb 05, 2017 04:07

They sell a kit that comes with gel fuel like the type you use in fondue burners. I thought I would try on my 12". I used a little & it lit right up without dragging out a torch. The gel burns off quickly so I don't think you get any residue on what you are smoking.
fatboyz
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by fatboyz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 01:50

Thanks. Going to try it on my country hams.