WIN a Dry Curing Chamber!

redzed

WIN a Dry Curing Chamber!

Post by redzed » Tue Feb 20, 2018 17:52

I had a telephone conversation a couple of days ago with Miroslaw Stanuszek of the Sausage Maker about a new starter culture in their inventory, and he also mentioned that they are offering an opportunity to win a professionally designed curing chamber. No purchase necessary, but unfortunately for us Canucks, the contest is restricted to residents of the Excited States. :lol:

So enter now and enter often. Would be great if one of the gang here would be the lucky winner!
https://promosimple.com/ps/cb5a
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Feb 20, 2018 18:13

Don't bother entering I am going to win it!

So we really need a bacon culture? Sales pitch would be Listeria protection? Pretty hard to "enhance the flavor" :grin: :grin: :grin:
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Feb 20, 2018 18:35

Bob K wrote:So we really need a bacon culture? Sales pitch would be Listeria protection? Pretty hard to "enhance the flavor"
Yeah, the culture in question is B-LC 78. I have the spec sheet from Mr. Stanuszek on it, but have a number of questions about it. I sent an email to Chr. Hansen and hopefully they will respond and clarify a few things. I'll start a new thread about it and we'll have a discussion.

I have cousins in the US and they will be entering the contest. When one of them wins, they will gift the cabinet to me. :mrgreen:
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 02:52

After I entered something clicked in my little Polish head, and it has to do with names and affiliations between this site and Sausage Maker.
I confused as usual, so pardon my ignorance, but does this place have any thing to do with or any connection with Sausage Maker?
For example; are the owners of Sausage Maker, the owner and/or creator of this web site?

I'm only asking because something stupid click in my little head and don't want to start searching things, just figured I'd simply ask.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Feb 21, 2018 04:35

This forum is the English arm of the largest sausage making forum in the world, the Polish based Wedliny Domowe, with over 45,000 members. The owner of the forum is Miroslaw Gebarowski who is the co-author with Stanley Marianski of Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions The forum is also affiliated with Stanley Marianski's website, https://www.meatsandsausages.com/

We have no formal affiliation with the Sausage Maker, but personally I don't hesitate in endorsing them. They have what is probably the best inventory of equipment and supplies and are always ready help and available to answer any questions about sausagemaking.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Wed Feb 21, 2018 06:02

Ok I can see the crossing and/or confusion of names, if you know what I mean, and with that I started assuming this site was affiliated with Sausage Maker.
Sausage Maker, but personally I don't hesitate in endorsing them. They have what is probably the best inventory of equipment and supplies and are always ready help and available to answer any questions about sausagemaking.
I agree 100%, I just switched over to Sausage Maker from another well know supplier and have emailed Miroslaw Stanuszek a few times, and he has always been a gentlemen and willing to help.
However, I don't think they carry everything for Charcuterie.
So for just a few things I will have to go elsewhere, but Sausage Maker is my "Go Too" place.