Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Mar 12, 2018 15:56

Kijek wrote:My blade is slitting
??? Its one piece of steel
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 16:41

I don't know what to tell ya, but here it is.
Image Image
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 16:59

Just ordered my new blade $112 with shipping, should be here in 2 to 4 days.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Mar 12, 2018 17:17

Bummer. But it still was one piece of metal. Highly doubtful its a Bi metal blade, really no reason for it and the cost.... Whatever rubbing/grinding sound you heard probably wore thru from the back side. You will probably see a groove in the back side...make sure you find out what was rubbing....

Where were you able to find parts ?
Last edited by Bob K on Mon Mar 12, 2018 18:10, edited 2 times in total.
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by DanMcG » Mon Mar 12, 2018 17:19

Splitting? is it a recap?
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 18:54

It's the original blade from day of purchase, recap may be what it is, and if so I'm surprised on a brand new machine.
Maybe that why the low on this model is so good.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Mon Mar 12, 2018 19:52

So I ordered the new blade from WebstaurantStore , 2 hrs later they notify me it has shipped.

I was also able to get the old blade off using an electric screw gun, which has a similar ratcheting effect as a hammer drill. Worked out great, thanks for that one BobK.

Ok just sit back and wait for the new blade, never a dull moment.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Tue Mar 13, 2018 13:25

Kijek wrote:I was also able to get the old blade off using an electric screw gun, which has a similar ratcheting effect as a hammer drill.
Hey it's great that the Webstrant carries all the replacement parts for that slicer!!

Did you figure out what was rubbing on the blade? From the location on the blade maybe inside the sharpening stone housing? It does turn around for storage when not in use...
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 15:44

I can say for sure, but the sound was present from day one of owning the slicer.
I believe that the blade may have had a defect in it and that it was out of true shape, but unseen to the naked eye, and it was hitting something somewhere.
As time passed the noise did get a little more pronounced, but still could not find the problem.
I never thought that it may be a blade issue, so I never really at the blade.
A couple of days ago I was slicing paper thin cappicola when the noise really got bad, then here it is a couple of days later I see the defect.
So that had to be it, will know more in a few days.

Also, I'm hoping I ordered the correct blade, the manual for my slicer is worthless and the info you get online is much better.
So I kind of eye balled this one, by examining all the pictures and illustrations available from manual and seller, and did a Hail Mary purchase. :roll:

I checked with seller they will do returns on items
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Tue Mar 13, 2018 18:55

Just checked on my blade order with Webstaurant, they do move quick.
Ordered yesterday (Monday), shipped same day from Delaware, PA, in Stratford, Ct 6am this morning and I should be getting it tomorrow.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Wed Mar 14, 2018 23:30

My blade arrived today, fast service, it looks to be the correct blade, will install tomorrow, not feeling all that well today.
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Thu Mar 15, 2018 16:06

Feeling much better today, so I installed the Avantco blade. Yes it fit like a glove, so if any of you out there want to make a note, just in case you need a new blade.

This is the balde you need for the 10" slicer, it doesn't show it in the picture, but the blade has two tapped out screw holes for use of a blade puller, which in my opinion isn't needed, but nice to have I guess.

Webstaurant Store has very nice people to help you and the delivery service super great, got my blade in two days.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantc ... 10BLD.html

OH, and an answer to the whole noise thing that started this mess for me, must have been the orginal blade had a defect in it that could not be seen by eye, until it was big the blade cracked.
My slicer purrrrs like a kitten now.
eightysixCJ
User
User

Post by eightysixCJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 14:16

Glad to hear it worked out and the noise issue was resolved. Thanks for sharing, good stuff to be aware of.

Tom
Kijek
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Kijek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 20:45

Eightysix, there a post in here titled "Soppressata" not sure if you saw it, but some members in here are looking for some answers about a product made at The Calabria Pork Store" on Arthur Ave up in the Bronx.
I going to try and get down from Ct, to talk with the guys there and see if I can get some answers.
But since we are both close, I thought I'd mention it to you, just in case you go there or perhaps you've been there and the answer. It has to do with a waxy type film coating the soppressata that hang all over the store.

May you can help find out what that is???
eightysixCJ
User
User

Post by eightysixCJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 23:01

I worked in the Bronx ten years ago but don't recall. I'll check the post and see what I can find out. Good reason for a road trip. :grin:

Tom