Odd grinder

Butterbean

Odd grinder

Post by Butterbean » Sun Aug 25, 2019 21:30

A friend picked up a bunch of old grinders and knowing I'm into that type stuff he gave me this one. I've never seen one like this before and only took it because it is unique in that it doesn't use a knife. Instead, the worm pushes the ingredients out to the plate and the plate turns and does the "cutting". I don't see how this would work too well on meats so I'm assuming it is used for other things. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Odd grinder

Post by DanMcG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:51

That was the way they were back in the day.
We still have one that we use for grinding toast,onions and celery for Thanksgiving dressing/stuffing. It also works well for grinding liver for pate', but never tried it with raw meat. I'd bet it would work ok if the meat was cubed small and semi frozen.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sat Aug 31, 2019 23:55

Thanks. I've never seen one like it and was curious. I'd think with meat it might work you pretty hard but can see where it might shine with pate's or vegies.
Drewtasker@gmail.com

Post by Drewtasker@gmail.com » Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:14

I am making a kappa cola and/or bresola Can't get mold to grow its been a week when I add the mold culture by Spraying on do I need to leave it at Room temperature not sure how long
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Wed Sep 11, 2019 19:45

The mold should grow fine in normal drying conditions. Whats your humidity and temp?