# 32 Grinder Plates - 3mm (1/8")

Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

# 32 Grinder Plates - 3mm (1/8")

Post by Scogar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 16:24

Been waiting for things to cool off here in North Georgia and prepping for hopefully a lot of sausage this Fall, including hot dogs. So my question is, I was able to score a commercial Buffalo Chopper late last winter and it took awhile to clean it up. It will be ready for this season's sausage. But in looking at videos (such as Eckkehard the German Butcher) he not only has a Chopper but also a 3mm plate for a lot of his sausage. Would it behoove me to add get the 3mm plate (I have a motorized Porkert #32) or is it completely redundant?

I'm not concerned with the purchase so much as will it be useless to me having a chopper?

thanks
Scott Garrison
Duluth GA
Butterbean

Re: # 32 Grinder Plates - 3mm (1/8")

Post by Butterbean » Sat Sep 14, 2019 19:28

I would think you could do anything you wanted with your chopper but having that plate would be good insurance just in case.
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Scogar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 14:31

thanks Butterbean
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sun Sep 15, 2019 15:49

Will the plates to your grinder interchangeable with Hobart? If so I have a good many Hobart plates in a box somewhere and I might could help you ought to keep you from having to buy one.
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Scogar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 19:58

The Hobart plates on webrestaurant etc look like there are three cutouts on the perimeter about 120° apart. Mine has the single cutout, so I don't see why it wouldn't work, the other two cutouts should fall under the threaded end of the grinder. I'm under the impression that the plates are interchangeable...mine is the flat version vs the one with the center hub if that makes a difference.

Very much appreciate the offer.
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Scogar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 19:59

actually it looks like Hobart makes both kinds, one cutout and three cutouts
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Sep 16, 2019 17:36

What I have are the three slot Hobart style with the hub center. I don't think it would matter whether yours has a hub or flat as I think the hub is just for convenience when removing the plate. I have some custom plates which are hubless and they work fine in my grinder. Not sure whether or not the slots will matter or not but like you say it probably won't matter as long as the slot is wide enough to fit the stopper in your grinder. If not, I'd think a few minutes on a drill press could fix that easy enough.

I have a friend who works on industrial food equipment and he gets me stuff like this on a regular basis and a while back he gave me a box of these plates. More than I will ever use in a lifetime. I don't like throwing stuff away so if you think you could use it I can send it to you. Just pm me an address you'd like me to send it to and I will get it in the mail to you at no charge. Just consider it your birthday present. You do have a birthday this year right? :lol:
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Scogar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:40

I sent a PM but it shows in my outbox so I can't tell if you got it or not. But again, I wanted to thank you. It is much thicker than the plates I have but everything engages so it should be good.
DanMcG
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by DanMcG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 18:47

Nice gesture Butterbean!