[USA] Chicken Parmesan Tomato Basil

fagesbp
Beginner
Beginner

[USA] Chicken Parmesan Tomato Basil

Post by fagesbp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 02:50

Second time making this one. It came out very good but I think next time I'll put a little less black pepper and ginger, and a little more tomatoes. I made some dried tomatoes in the dehydrator then soaked them in olive oil for about a week.

The meat:
4 leg quarters and 4 BS breasts. I ground the skin and fat from the leg quarters with the meat.

The recipe: (in grams)

All ground up with the slurry of seasoning about to go in

Stuffed up

Made myself a patty for my lunch sammich with the leftovers from the tube.

The finished product. It turned out great but a little spicier than I intended. Not bad for me just not the flavor I was looking for.
Last edited by fagesbp on Mon Feb 18, 2013 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27

Hey, hey "eyechart" (fagesbp)! How are you doing? That's pretty terrific looking sausage you've got going there. Are you going to make changes in it? What would you recommend to make it less spicy, as you said. If you put a name on it, I'll post it in the MRI.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13

Fagesbp,
If you are going to make changes to it, halve the ginger only and add some finely chopped chives, mainly for looks. There is a big difference in Parmesan cheese you can buy. 1. ready grated 2. in block. No: 2 is much more pungent.
The recipe and sausages look great, enter it in the next competition!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck,
Jan.
fagesbp
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fagesbp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 00:07

I am going to lower the ginger and black pepper and increase the tomatoes. I can add some parsley for color, too. I always write my recipes in percentages so I write the ingredients on the board and put the weights as I calculate them based on the green weight of the meat. I used cheap ready grated parmesan cheese for this. If I used fresh premium from a block I'd definitely lower the amount.
NorCal Kid
Passionate
Passionate

Post by NorCal Kid » Wed Feb 13, 2013 16:15

fagesbp wrote:I am going to lower the ginger and black pepper and increase the tomatoes. I can add some parsley for color, too. I always write my recipes in percentages so I write the ingredients on the board and put the weights as I calculate them based on the green weight of the meat. I used cheap ready grated parmesan cheese for this. If I used fresh premium from a block I'd definitely lower the amount.
The fresh-grated parm is definitely the way to go (as is FRESH basil)! The flavor is more pronounced, and really adds to the overall flavor of the chicken. I used a bit of nutmeg & allspice (in lieu of ginger) which seems to pair well with the basil, the nuttiness of the cheese, & tang of the SD tomatoes...

Kevin

http://www.wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5844
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8