[USA] Lockhart TX Style Beef Sausage

tdimler
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tdimler » Fri Jan 31, 2014 01:25

Glad to see everyone trying this out! It is a simple recipe but I've sure been happy with the results. There really is something to "leaving out all the perfume" and sticking to the basics. The only thing I would change on my next batch is up the black pepper by about 30%.

Ducko.......I'll be REAL REAL interested to see how you come out using the smoked brisket trimmings---this has to be the key to the texture they get.

I may just need to make some more myself...I've about given all mine away!

TD
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 05:46

up the black pepper by about 30%.
A man after me own heart! :lol: Oh and yes... PLEASE use FRESHLY-ground black pepper. There's a world of difference.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
gansu

Post by gansu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 14:09

Awesome post, thanks for sharing.
tdimler wrote:Glad to see everyone trying this out! It is a simple recipe but I've sure been happy with the results. There really is something to "leaving out all the perfume" and sticking to the basics. The only thing I would change on my next batch is up the black pepper online by about 30%.

Ducko.......I'll be REAL REAL interested to see how you come out using the smoked brisket trimmings---this has to be the key to the texture they get.

I may just need to make some more myself...I've about given all mine away!

TD
tdimler
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tdimler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 14:13

gansu wrote:Awesome post, thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked it.....I just made a couple more batches of this the other day! Same basic formula though I did get my hands on some "Bull Binder" but haven't done enough sampling to decide if it is meaningfully different than the milk powder I was using.

TD