Kielbasa Szynkowa/Ham Kielbasa

StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Fri Jan 29, 2016 18:39

Thank you Butterbean. I'm glad to hear that.
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Kielbasa Szynkowa/Ham Kielbasa

Post by Scogar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 20:59

I feel a bit dirty cobbling onto StefanS great posts but his was the recipe I used (at the top of this chain) and I reviewed all his posts on Kielbasa Szynkowa so pardon the intrusion. Let me say this recipe, it is fantastic. The only things I did differently was to probably not clean my Class I up as much as Class I should be, but I did my best with the pork I had. I also left the cured meat in cube form for two full days in the refrigerator and once I ground and stuffed, I let the sausage cure again two days in the refrig...
I thought I could smoke on Friday but work was too involved so it slipped to Saturday. Lastly I ultimately had to smoke for 5 hours. I was looking for the coloration vs concerning myself with time. My smoke temp never really exceeded 130°F other than a very brief spike to 160° and most of the time for the first 3.5 hours it was actually under 100°F. Poaching for 35 minutes brought everything to where it needed to be. Being that the goal of this Polish sausage was to grind everything correctly by class, I learned a great deal. I was very surprised at what I saw as a small amount of Class III being expected to hold all that Class 1 cubed meat together, but I did like StefanS and ground about 1/4 of the Class I through a half inch diameter plate. And it worked like a charm.
That and being a little less than perfect on my Classes were the big things. This will become a staple!! All I had were 60 mm collagen casings so I was forced to use them - and I am not upset about that. All in all I am very happy with everything here.

Thankyou StefanS :D :D
StefanS
Passionate
Passionate

Post by StefanS » Mon Jan 25, 2021 00:48

Bravo Scogar.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jan 25, 2021 17:49

Excellent work Scogar! Now I gotta make some!