Turkey sticks

redzed

Turkey sticks

Post by redzed » Fri Oct 02, 2015 06:34

Turkey meat has now become become a staple in my sausagemaking hobby. Not only is it often cheaper than pork and certainly beef, but it is tasty and nutritious. It just takes time and patience when you bone out a turkey. You will usually get 50% meat from a boned turkey. I described some of the sausages such as Dziadek's smoked, bratwurst and weisswurst made with turkey in previous posts. This past weekend I crafted something a bit different, but using an old and traditional recipe. I made 5kg. of turkey snacksticks, using 70% turkey leg meat and 30% wild boar belly. Other than the meat, I made the sticks according to Halusia's Kabanosy recipe, http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=27749 That my friends is the best recipe for kabanosy and if you follow it to a T, you will know what this delicacy is supposed to taste like.

All I can say is that my turkey sticks are disappearing fast and I now have to make more since these were intended for a family member when I travel to visit. :shock:

Bob K

Post by Bob K » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:28

Those look great Chris! I may just have to break down and buy more sheep casings as I dislike the collagen ones.
NorthFork
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by NorthFork » Fri Oct 02, 2015 13:18

Nice looking sticks Chris! Think I'll have to try that recipe---
I've always tried to set a good example for others-but many times I've had to settle for just being a horrible warning!