Breakfast sausage

ajwillsnet
User
User

Breakfast sausage

Post by ajwillsnet » Sat Feb 06, 2016 19:38

Hello to All: My daughter was over the other day with our Grandson and she brought some Maple Pork Breakfast sausage that she bought from Walmart for her little guys lunch. I tried some and it was very good stuff!
Can any of you offer up a recipe for something similiar? I have some maple syrop in my panrty that I could use in the recipe.
Thanks,

Bert
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:44

Here is a breakfast sausage with Maple:

http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.ph ... kfast+sage
ajwillsnet
User
User

mapeline ?

Post by ajwillsnet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 17:49

I saw that recipe in the members recipe index but wasn't sure about it. Why use mapeline
( imitation maple flavoring) as well as real maple syrup. And why poach the links in 180 degree water before freezing?
Any thoughts?

Bert
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Sun Feb 07, 2016 18:13

Bert-

Just substitute your Real maple syrup for the sugar, with a fresh sausage you can fry up a sample and adjust seasoning to taste.
I would also not use the special binder (phosphates)

I would imagine the poaching is to have a brown and serve sausage and is an optional step.

Recipes need not be followed to the letter, use them as a starting point, and adjust to taste.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Feb 07, 2016 18:58

Bert, try Marianski's basic recipe for breakfast sausage. http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage ... /breakfast
It has all the essential spices for that type of sausage and no additives. Add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup per kg and you should have a decent sausage. You can fry a test patty and add more syrup if you want a sweeter flavour. Just don`t over do it as the sausages may burn in the frying pan because of the sugar.
ajwillsnet
User
User

Marianski's breakfast sausage

Post by ajwillsnet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 20:38

Thanks Chris & Bob: I will give it a go and post my results.

Bert
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Feb 08, 2016 04:37

Don't exactly know what you are looking for as sweetness goes but here is my recipe I use for venison maple breakfast sausage.

Venison 40%
Pork Class III 60%
-----------------------

2.1% Salt
0.6% White Pepper
0.26% Black Pepper
0.15% Sage
0.07% Nutmeg
0.07% MSG
0.16% Turbinado Sugar
3% NFD Milk
3% Ice Water

For every 3 lbs of mince add 1/4 cup Maple syrup.

Grind through medium plate then add everything to the mince and mix.
Grind a second time.
Stuff into sheep casings and poach for about 10 minutes.

Cool then cut links into individual pieces and package and freeze.

If making patty sausage you will not be poaching so expect a more pronounced pepper bite following the cessation of the sweetness. While this is not a lot of heat some may choose to back the white pepper back a tad but it`s not an issue for me. Left unadjusted, expect a sweet initial bite with some background heat from the pepper. When stuffed into casings and poached the pepper bite isn`t as pronounced. Prepared this way the sausage tastes similar to linked breakfast sausage you have dredged through your pancake syrup. Either way, its pretty good.

Cooked as a patty

Cooked as linked