New Sausage Series Set to air October 1st 2020

cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

New Sausage Series Set to air October 1st 2020

Post by cajuneric » Thu Jul 23, 2020 23:29

Hey gang. I wanted to announce it here first (albeit a little early) that there's going to be a new sausage series called Celebrate Sausage airing October 1st 2020. There's going to be 31 episodes (one a day) and each episode will feature a different sausage from around the world. It's a true international collaboration between authors and youtubers who all share one thing in common. A love for sausage!!

Here is a trailer for the show:

https://youtu.be/e8mYGG1LbTI

Hope to see you there!!

Eric
2 Guys & A Cooler
Scogar
Passionate
Passionate

Re: New Sausage Series Set to air October 1st 2020

Post by Scogar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 01:03

:D :D :D :D
Indaswamp
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Indaswamp » Tue Aug 11, 2020 06:01

Hello Cajuneric, we spoke on the phone when you called me about getting my curing chamber up and running back in April, 2020. Got it up and running, worked the tweeks out and the Genoa and pepperoni turned out great! Thank you again for taking the time to call me. really appreciate it. Looking forward to the sausage tour videos in October!

-Keith in Gonzales Louisiana
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:27

Hey Keith,

How's it going. Glad to hear that the genoa and pepperoni came out great!! What's in there now?

BTW. I uploaded a new trailer. This is the official trailer for the series. It keep s getting bigger and bigger. Michael Ruhlman has decided to join us as well as Mark Lafay (author charcuterie for dummies) is on this years show.. It's going to be lots of fun!!

Here's the new trailer: https://youtu.be/Xt91q-7RlVg
Indaswamp
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Indaswamp » Tue Aug 11, 2020 21:42

I have been using my chamber to dry snack sticks to 45% weight loss for a shelf stable product so I can package them and store at room temp..
A buddy gave me 40# of goose meat so I have been making rather large batches..30-35# at a time 40% goose/60% pork. I was able to catch a great sale on pork butts....$0.79/lb.; so I have been cranking out the sticks. As soon as that is done, I'm making some calabese, nduja, and come cacciatore.

Wow! That sausage fest has taken a life of it's own eh!!! Awesome!

Question for you- are you still running your drying chamber just using the refrigerator with no controller or are you using a controller now? I saw your youtube on the wifi inkbird controllers...way cool! the graph feature is worth it for sure!
cajuneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cajuneric » Wed Aug 12, 2020 14:04

Nice!! I love snack sticks. Goose and pork. That's got to be yummy!!

Yeah the show has really exploded. It's going to be a great series. Hopefully we can do a season 2.. Currently I'm running 2 chambers. One for charcuterie and the new one (the one you saw in the video) is for cheese - yeah I'm going down that rabbit hole....

I am using the controllers for both. I like the wifi capability. BTW. Thanks for posting that link. That was awesome!!!

Here's the lineup of this years "Celebrate Sausage"

Bangers & Mash
Snack Sticks
Texas Hot Links
Goetta
Utopenci
Breakfast sausage
Loukaniko
Sai Ua
Canadian Apple Maple Sausage
Mexican Chorizo
Leberwurst
Bulgogi sausage
Saveloy
Keilbasa
Panamanian Chorizo Criollo
Beer Brats
Mettwurst
Sai Krok Issan
Cajun Venison Sausage
Spanish Chorizo
Sujuk
Frikandel
Weisswurst
Boerewors
linguica cuiabana
Nem Nuong
white pudding
Italian sausage
frankfurter
pepperoni
Indaswamp
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Indaswamp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 19:31

I will be getting another chamber up and running here soon as well...I'll be into cheese too!