Soy Isolate

Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Soy Isolate

Post by Albertaed » Fri Jan 08, 2021 17:42

I’ve been trying different formulas for Moose sausage. I usually do 50/50 moose to pork shoulder which is a bit dry. I’ve tried to up the pork fat content but I found it fattier than I prefer. I am going to experiment with my 50/50 by adding soy isolate but I am a bit confused as to how much to include.

Marianski says 1:3.3 soy isolate to water. The following table states up to 2% meat mass. I believe I read this as soy isolate up to 2% and then determine the amount of water.

https://imgur.com/a/H1jMYdb

Thoughts?
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Soy Isolate

Post by Albertaed » Fri Jan 08, 2021 19:01

Sorry its a fresh breakfast sausage
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Jan 10, 2021 19:18

Moose meat has high water holding capacity so you really should not need any binders. First mix the moose meat with the salt really well, adding all the water to it (up to 10% of the entire meat block). Add the water gradually and make sure that it is all fully absorbed and the farce uber sticky. Add the pork and mix some more. When cooking the sausage, cook it low and slow and don't cook it over 175. If you do that it will be dry and crumbly no mater what you do.
Albertaed
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Albertaed » Sun Jan 10, 2021 20:05

Thx Red. I definately don’t put anywhere near 10% water! It’s funny how old habits die hard. I wouldn’t dare overcook any other moose/venison product but somehow I didn’t make the connection with breakfast sausage. :oops: