Cool Breakfast Sausage

sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Cool Breakfast Sausage

Post by sausagemaneric » Mon Feb 15, 2021 16:58

Just reading the Maple Breakfast sausage recipe and I'm compelled to share my favorite new thing to do. I now take one of my favorite breakfast sausage, in this case the breakfast sausage in Rytek Kutas's book. I stuff it in a cloth sack that is about 3" in diameter and 18" long. Then I smoke/cook it in my smoker at 190-200 degrees with a constant diet of smoke. I use the higher temps since there is no cure. When completed it is actually a "slice of a patty and brown and serve" sausage. Flavor is amazing and it is so easy.
V465
redzed

Re: Cool Breakfast Sausage

Post by redzed » Fri Feb 19, 2021 16:06

Thanks for that post because it reminds me that I should look into Rytek's book every now and then. It was the first English language sausage book that I bought and aside from the gargantuan amounts of soy and milk powder in many of the kielbasa recipes, it's a very good book.
sausagemaneric
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Cool Breakfast Sausage

Post by sausagemaneric » Thu Feb 25, 2021 16:49

redzed wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 16:06
Thanks for that post because it reminds me that I should look into Rytek's book every now and then. It was the first English language sausage book that I bought and aside from the gargantuan amounts of soy and milk powder in many of the kielbasa recipes, it's a very good book.
I agree completely. I've been a dedicated "soy protein user" for most of my sausage making life until I got on this forum and got some schooling on binding techniques. Now I pretty much only use it when making Rytek's Bratwurst using chicken thigh's. I still think it helps that one along.
V465