WD Daily Chat - Talk about anything You Like

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:01

Have you tried de-fragging your hard drive? This is a major source of slow-downs for older computers. The various parts of files get scattered around the hard drive, and it takes far longer to load or swap memory. It's in Start - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Defragmenter.

...or you could try a fragmentary grenade. That good ol' Army training comes in handy, sometimes. ...makes you feel good, if nothing else. ...especially about Vista. :evil: After it came out, after struggling with it for a couple of months, I re-installed XP. Even Mister Bill's minions at Microsoft gave up on Vista and brought out Windows 7 right away.

As to the cookies, my two-year-old granddaughter likes the fit that oatmeal cookies have when smushed into the floppy drive slot. They're not as brittle as oreo halves with the white goo licked out of 'em. ...makes you feel secure about the future of technology in America, doesn't it? :mrgreen:

Feel free to contact us if you need any further technical advice. "Take two (venison sausages) and call me in the morning."

Dr. Duk
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Jun 09, 2012 15:41

I considered a 12 gauge but I decided that if they could change parts and pieces in me I could do the same for a computer.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sun Jun 10, 2012 05:11

ssorllih wrote:...if they could change parts and pieces in me I could do the same for a computer.
Yer right, Ross. We had a neighbor during our North Carolina days who had a heart valve replaced with a pig valve. When asked how it was working, he said that it was doing great, but that he'd somehow lost his taste for pork BBQ.

...so you may lose your taste for complete sentences. :lol:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

High praise for a sausage recipe.

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:31

I made a batch of Charice sausage yesterday approximately straight from "The Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages" By Stan and Adam Marianski.
I added about 2 pounds of deer meat to the pork and used dried cilantro instead of parsley. The total weight was 7 ½ pounds and some was stuffed into collegen casings some left naked for wrapping with bread and some frozen as loose sausage.
It is an excellant recipe and very much worth making.
Ross- tightwad home cook
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:33

And I convinced myself that I must build a dedicated stuffer.
Ross- tightwad home cook
uwanna61
Passionate
Passionate

Post by uwanna61 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 19:57

Ross
I have made several recipes from the WD site and I agree fantastic! Try the Italian sausage recipe! I made 5lbs of Italian & 5lbs of the jalapeno sausage for our 4th of July bbq and all the folks were totally satisfied with both sausage!

Wally
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Jul 16, 2012 02:22

I have just finished the Hot smoked Polish Sausage from the book, Applwood smoke for two hours.. I handed a piece to Nancy for a taste and she kept it.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Mon Jul 16, 2012 13:52

High praise indeed! :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 15:19

Okay sausage wranglers and smoke sniffers, here is a trivia question and the first one to answer correctly, wins a working model of my latest invention - a helicopter ejection seat! :roll:
Hog casings (upper intestines) are sold in 91-meter lengths cut into "hanks" that are 1 to 2 meters long and gathered into bundles. What are these "bundles" called?

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Tue Jul 17, 2012 16:24

Chuckwagon wrote: Hog casings (upper intestines) are sold in 91-meter lengths cut into "hanks" that are 1 to 2 meters long and gathered into bundles. What are these "bundles" called?
Shorts
Godspeed!

Bob
JerBear
Passionate
Passionate

Post by JerBear » Tue Jul 17, 2012 17:11

Achiote paste is available in my area but I like the idea of making my own and haven't seen a recipe for it before.

Just to clarify, for the chipotle in your recipe, is it 10 each or 10 grams?
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Jul 17, 2012 22:31

Aren't chipotle simply smoke dried jalapenos? If so, we have smokers and fresh jalapenos are available everywhere.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18

And the winner is.... Bob the baconologist! Do you have a helicopter Bob? :lol:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Wed Jul 18, 2012 15:02

Baconologist wrote:Shorts
Bonus question: What are the smaller diameter, snack stix size called?
Ans: Under shorts. :lol:

jes' kiddin' :mrgreen:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 01:18

Hey Quackster, if you take them into Gold's Gymnasium... are they called uh... er.... gym shorts? OOOOoooo :roll: