Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Małgoś
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Małgoś » Fri Mar 04, 2011 09:52

steelchef wrote:Welcome Malgos,

We need more femininity on this site. Your questions and contibutions are very welcome. Your city is beautiful and for the information of Moderator Chuckwagon, is pronounced "Stettin," in English.
steelchef wrote:Hello Malgos,

My previous post welcoming you to the forum seems to have vanished.

AND: A warm welcome to the forum.
I'm so sorry... :oops: steelchef

Thank you for your "welcome" :oops:
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 06:31

Just look at all these gorgeous and intelligent new members! :lol: Goodness, they HAVE to be smarter than average bears or they wouldn`t have joined us on Wedliny Domowe eh? Welcome aboard folks! First there is Madeline from England and he`s makin` up a batch of "bangers n` mash" for breakfast! Next, joining us from the southwest tip of the Baja is rcirclec of Todos Santos, Mexico. Gosh, who wouldn`t like to be lounging around on that beach at this time of year? Last, but not least, is HollySzynka from Florida where he just possibly could be enjoying the beach also. What`s in your smokers guys? How about telling us about your "handles" in the Hyde Park forum topic? We`re glad you`re here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 03:03

Here`s a great big welcome to three more extremely bright, clever, and intellectual individuals who have joined us. How do I know they are so smart? Well, they joined Wedliny Domowe didn`t they?
Welcome aboard folks! We have DAS from Albany, New York - the city having the oldest city charter that is still in effect in the United States (1686).
Next, there is franknap from Meriden, CT - home of "Craig`s Castle". Frank, do you have a good recipe for cervelatpolse?
And daveduvet joins us from Devonshire County in southwestern England where "Devonshire Tea" is brewed and served with... now get this... "clotted" cream! :shock: Oh my goodness Dave! :roll: Alright guys, what`s in your smokers? Tell us how you got your "handles" in the Hyde Park forum topic. We`re glad you`re here.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
SikaStag
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SikaStag » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07

A warm Welcome from a fellow newbie.
I look forward to reading any posts that you contribute.
I am relatively new to sausage making. If I can be of any help, do not hesitate to ask. There is plenty old timers on here that have a wealth of information, its just a matter of how much you bribe them to get it out of them. :mrgreen:
I am joking of course. This is a great place to hang out and learn. The biggest plus for me is that I will eat better quality home made food just from what I learn here. The older you get the more a good meal appeals to you.

Ian
Troski
User
User

Post by Troski » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:02

SikaStag wrote: its just a matter of how much you bribe them to get it out of them. :mrgreen:
And I am sure graciously accepted :wink:
Marz o tym, jakbys` mial wiecznie zyl, zyj jakbys` mial umrzec dzis
franknap
Beginner
Beginner

Post by franknap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 02:03

Hi Chuck(wagon)

I wish i could help with a recipe for cervelatpolse but I do not.

I am getting a book called The Art of Making Fermented Sausages by Stanley Marianski, Adam Marianski.
I will take a look in there for you!

Thanks,

Fank
Frank Napoli

Keeping old traditions alive!
franknap
Beginner
Beginner

Post by franknap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 02:11

Found one! Here you go Chuck(wagon)
Cervelatpolse Or Danish Beef And Pork Sausage

For this recipe, use 25 pounds each of beef and pork, twelve and a half pounds of pork fat cut in small dice, one and a half pounds of salt, 30 gram. powdered saltpetre, 50 gram. ground white pepper, 50 gram. powdered sugar, 13 gram. each of ground ginger and nutmeg. Remove all sinews, then chop the beef and pork together quite fine, adding the seasonings towards the finish, then add the diced fat and thoroughly mix. When mixed placed into the filler and fill TIGHTLY into beef casings, tying into 18-inch lengths; hang in the air for 24 hours, then smoke in very warm smoke till the skins are brown; then boil them until the sausage is as elastic as an indiarubber ball and will bounce if dropped on the table. This is a sure proof that the sausage is thoroughly cooked. When done, dry them and glaze the skins. Serve as in the first recipe, in slices, as an appetizer or Hors d'oeuvre.
Frank Napoli

steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Mar 12, 2011 02:44

Absolutely! Any and all bribes are most gratefully accepted. :mrgreen:

Trosky, I love your signature.

Dream about it as though you had ever lived `,` Live as if you had to die today

We seem to share a philosophy of life. :wink:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Mar 12, 2011 03:42

Pardon me for horning in here Frank but this sounds fanatastic. I'm going to reduce the quantities and give it a try. Tomorrow is 'S' day. I intend to try several small batch recipes gleaned from our members :idea:

Today I tried one of Chuckwagon's famous bean recipes. it looked innocuous but when I turned the exhaust fans on the neighbourhood dogs started barking. Next thing I know, there is someone pounding on the front door. I answered it to find a fireman with two backups. Apparently a neighbour had complained about 'noxious fumes' emanating from our home. I invited them in and told them about how I had come upon the recipe. After warning me about internet usage they agreed to taste the conncoction. That's when the ambulances arrived.
These guys are proud pf their 'firehouse chili' but showed their true Canadian character (and guts) by succumbing to a 'family' recipe for "Franks and Beans."

I profer this warning to all citizens of theworld, particularly North Americans who live in the north, east or anywhere but the southern US: DO NOT FOLLOW THE RECIPES OF THESE DEMENTED SOUTHERNERS. Their palates are devoid of normal sensory receptors.
The police and lawyers have just left, the dogs are still howling and I'm writing to Mr. Scoville. If Poblanos and Jalapenos are only fifth and sixth on his scale, the 7th to 13th should be sold only with fire extinguishers.

Welcome to the forum and please keep sharing. :mrgreen:
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
franknap
Beginner
Beginner

Post by franknap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:12

Let me know how it comes out when you make it Steelchef....Sounds good to me although I've never had it before.
Frank Napoli

steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:21

Will Do Franco!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:21

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for the great recipe! I'm going to rustle up a batch of "Frank's Fabulous Cervelatpolse" tomorrow morning. This stuff looks terrific. Would you mind if I posted it in "Sausages" on the forum? Thanks for sharing! :wink:

And now, can you see what a "sissy" that Steelchef is? Really!!! Afraid of a little gas. :shock:
And he thinks I"M getting old? Shucks, he's getting so old, his friends that actually made it to heaven are beginning to think HE went the other way!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
franknap
Beginner
Beginner

Post by franknap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:33

Please feel free to re-post anything I post here Mr. Chuck Wagon!
As far as Mr. Steelchef goes..I like his thoughts on southerners! Hit the nail on the head....big Kudos!
I grew up in norther New Jersey so anything south of Newark NJ is considered southern! HAHAHA
Frank Napoli

steelchef
Passionate
Passionate

Post by steelchef » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:40

Yeah! We are pretty wimpy when it comes to that intense heat. I don't speak for all Canadians but my crowd is in agreement.
You win this one! :twisted:
franknap
Beginner
Beginner

Post by franknap » Sat Mar 12, 2011 04:47

Hey Steelchef! How can you guys be wimpy living way up there! Thats some cold weather up there man! Now I feel like a wimp seeing where youre from! Maybe some Italian chilis will help you stay warm?
Frank Napoli