Pigs

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Pigs

Post by ssorllih » Mon Apr 01, 2013 13:53

I woke up early today as I have/had a job that I need to finish this week and out in front of my house was a broken down farm truck with four berkshire pigs in it. The driver said that he had to get the pigs off the truck so that they could tow it in for repairs and asked if he shot them could I take the carcases and finish butchering them. If I could do that I could have them just for the keeping.
Well the weather is getting warm and I called around to see if anyone had a cooler large enough for eight halves and found a friend that would come by and give me a hand and also be able to hang them in his cooler. He called me back a few minutes later and said that he had just checked his appointment calender and could it wait for tomorrow? I told him what the situation was and he insisted that april first just wouldn't work for him. I am going to keep trying.
Ross- tightwad home cook
CrankyBuzzard
Passionate
Passionate

Post by CrankyBuzzard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 00:40

Um, uh, yeah... Keep trying... Sounds a bit porky to me...

Charlie
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 02:21

April 1st, you say? :roll:
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Apr 02, 2013 03:32

That was the best I could do on a Monday morning.
Ross- tightwad home cook
redzed

Post by redzed » Tue Apr 02, 2013 15:41

Actually for a moment you had me there Ross. I'm slow in the morning.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Apr 02, 2013 20:26

One July 4th We were visiting my sister up on long Island and out in front of her house we watched a van hit and kill a deer. My sister asked the state trooper if we could have the carcase. he said he didn't care. She expected me to process it for her. I asked how much cooler space she had. We couldn't have gotten even one haunch into her fridge. And this was July.
Ross- tightwad home cook