"Disclaimer Container" - Where Did My Post Go?

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

To Maxell, CW and Redzed

Post by Shuswap » Thu Aug 28, 2014 14:52

I seldom went to a board meeting or a negotiation where I didn't know the outcomes in advance. Disagreements, accusations, shouting and disrespect were most often kept behind doors. Can you guys get this settled quietly and come back to the forum with a simple announcement so we can get the meat out of the freezer and start following our leader by making some sausage - pleeeeeese :sad:
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Fri Aug 29, 2014 01:46

Up :cool:
Keep them safe until they all come home.
vtec
Administrator
Administrator

Post by vtec » Fri Aug 29, 2014 08:51

Chuckwagon wrote:Hi Folks, I`m sorry if it seems that I have "bovine manure optical septicity" ! ($hitty outlook ) but I thought I`d been replaced. Now there is a post from the boss saying,
vtec wrote:"Why would we replace Chuckwagon? He is doing a great job here!".
Sorry, I`m just a little confused. Just a few days ago I got a PM reading:
Quote:
Maxell wrote:I have a request to you. Enter redzed'a the ins and outs of working a moderator. A long time ago I wanted to give him this function.
How would you feel? Honestly. Tell me... how would you feel in my place if you had read that? :cry: I understood it to mean Redzed is replacing me as moderator. Now he says he won`t take it. What is going on Maxell?
OK, so this is the problem. You understood it wrong. Maybe it`s problem with communication or language...

On the polish forum it`s a normal procedure: when the new moderators join the Team, the others help them in the beginning. So Maxell asked you to help redzed. That`s all.
Now, we have 5 moderators here. You are one of them. As I said, you are doing a great job here.

That's all I have for now

Ps. I think there`s one more little misunderstanding: Vtec and Maxell - we're two different people :wink:
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:10

Bob K wrote: You may have been better off establishing and ruling your own forum.
That's a great idea...I'm sure he'd have quite a following.
Godspeed!

Bob
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13

Trolling again "Bob?"
Baconologist
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Baconologist » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:14

Just agreeing with a fellow member.
Godspeed!

Bob
Krakowska
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Krakowska » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17

Your just a spineless troll who has nothing constructive to offer here. Move on.

Troll (Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
unclebuck
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by unclebuck » Fri Aug 29, 2014 20:58

Bob K wrote:Wow CW your ego is HUGE.

I doubt at this juncture many members can see your "point"

You may have been better off establishing and ruling your own forum.
I have been absent from this site for some time, and come back this this crap!!! When I see what you have to say Bob K, why would you in your wildest brain fart, think that you could depose CW? You are filled with your perception of your own vast knowledge. It would seem to me that you are "blowing hot air up a dead horse"s patoot!!" It will not get up and run. I would think, in fact, you do not have the capability to have figured it out yet. Take this as you would, because I could personally give a rat's patoot about and your contributions and personal opinions to a fine forum. Why would you, in your seeming inimitable wisdom try to destroy this forum for what would seem to be to your personal benefit.

"LET'ER BUCK CW!!!, you are doing one fine job, and I would expect Redzed to be quite complementary!!
"What can't be smoked can't be eaten."
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Fri Aug 29, 2014 22:27

vtec wrote:You understood it wrong
Vtec,

May I suggest that you communicated it wrong, rather than CW, and forum members also, understood it wrong ?
Redzed has been a moderator for some years now. You send CW a message to "train" the "new" moderator. To do what ? How can such a message be misunderstood ?
And now, you communicate with CW on a thread, which, with two exceptions overwhelmingly supports CW, and want his immediate return to continue what he has been doing with great benefit. It isn't a contest between moderators, it is a botched administrative error, compounded by your inability to address the issue.
Would the "two different people" get together and finally clear up this unfortunate mess of your own making please ? How hard can it be Vtec ?
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Aug 30, 2014 00:00

Look, for the second time I will ask everyone that you refrain from personal attacks on the other members. We can't be expected to all have the same point of view, so if you disagree with someone on an issue or how they mix their sausage, go ahead and express yourself. But please do not post personally offensive statements! If you do that, then in the end it will be you who will tarnished. So maybe think for a moment before you press the send button.

This is nothing more than a sausage forum! I'm sure most of us have other more important things to worry about. I too hope that this misunderstanding will end soon so that we could all go back to grinding meat and not each other!
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

a plea for compromise in the Moderator War

Post by el Ducko » Sat Aug 30, 2014 02:48

Dateline:Today, somewhere between British Colombia and Utah -
Greetings, WD members. This is El Ducko, reporting from close to the front lines in the Moderator War. I`ve been on the road for the past two days, out of communication as Beloved Spouse and I return the truck from NC to Texas, and I must say, traffic has increased significantly since the War started. ...at least on the Homemade Sausage Making » Other Topics » Hyde Park » Chuckwagon being replaced? thread of the WD website.

The initial bombing attacks, which degenerated into mostly pot-shots, now have settled down to a dull roar. The occasional artillery-shell-sized post is still there, but it`s mostly pot-shots. From my bunker, still well back from the front line, I can see... Well, I can`t see much, other than that feelings have been hurt. There doesn`t seem to be much leadership being supplied from Galactic Headquarters, which is located somewhere between Poland and Florida. Those whose ownership interests would best be served by ending the war as soon as possible seem inactive at the moment. The reason: this has been speculated to be due to traditional August vacation time in Europe where, aside from the flow of espresso, vodka, and petrol, nothing else moves.

May I offer a compromise?
...no?
Awww, c`mon. There`s plenty of work to be done on the site.

Just keeping us inmates and ingrates from posting in the wrong thread is close to a full-time chore. Then, there`s answering questions, which moderators ought to be able to do as a prerequisite for the position. Then, there are routine cataloging functions, such as maintaining the Member Recipe Index and the like. Then, there`s the computer-geek side, making sure that the links link and the people don`t tie the website in knots, which occasionally happens, plus minor maintenance. (Falling into this area is the hope that someday, somehow, the search function gets improved to the point that you can find things at individual posting level rather than just which thread contains the search object.) All of these can be divvied up or parceled out or, for that matter, shared. Two ways to do it, folks- - a primary and a secondary moderator designated as responsible for the area, or informally taking turns. ...like big kids! (What a concept!)

But these are generic moderator jobs. There are specifics, though- - functions which must be owned by one specific moderator. It is HERE that we need to correct the gridlock and get on with the business of the website.

The first item that comes to mind is the project area. There was a Project B2 which, it would appear, was headed toward semi-dried and dried, fermented sausages. Then, there`s the new Project KB, covering basics. Both are the brainchild of Chuckwagon, who should continue moderating them, utilizing his experience. However, RedZed has experience here, too, and should not hold back in augmenting CW`s guidance, answering questions where needed, helping the rest of us learn. ...and succeed. Share the duties, guys. Share the wealth.

But hang on- - there`s an un-tapped knowledgebase of Polish expertise, which obviously should be moderated by RedZed. This area needs to be developed, and I can think of no better person to do it. There is a wealth of material locked up over there by virtue of language differences. We would all be grateful for help in tapping into it, and doing so would establish RedZed as a valuable moderator. Not to detract from CW`s abilities- - he`s very capable. ...just not in that particular area. We need help in it. How about it, guys? ...and CW can offer reinforcing comment as needed.

Then, there`s the gift of bulls... er... gab. Chuckwagon obviously has it, and has honed it to a fine art. Read some of RedZed`s postings, however, and you`ll see that folksy is not his style. There`s little of the folksy gab that CW entertains us with. ...to which I might comment that it could be added easily, but isn`t necessary, and should be added only as it suits RedZed`s style.

There`s plenty of storied material to draw upon, though. On one of my visits to Poland, while in Wroclaw (pronounced Vrots-lav), formerly Breslau in German days, there was a bonfire gathering at the Army Horse Stables Club (formerly the headquarters of a Mounted Cavalry regiment) at which stories were told, much vodka consumed, singing erupted (plus occasional stomach contents!), and there was every bit as much camaraderie as you would find around a campfire on the trail during an American or Canadian cattle drive.

I`m sure that there`s this sort of camaraderie in the tapes of the Polish training sessions. Here`s a golden opportunity for you, RedZed. You may not be into this sort of thing, but you bring your own brand of personality to the website. ...nothing wrong with sharing it in your own thread.

In fact, if it would help, good ol` el Ducko could pick on you like...
Naaah! CW is too easy a target.

But targets can be shared, just like websites. Let`s make the best of this situation, guys. Don`t make me come up there and... :shock:
Duk
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Aug 30, 2014 04:42

Dang, Ducky! sometimes you start talking good sense.
Ross- tightwad home cook
el Ducko
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el Ducko » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:15

ssorllih wrote:Dang, Ducky! sometimes you start talking good sense.
UhOh! ...bad sign?
:mrgreen:
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Aug 30, 2014 13:47

We often hear the remark that it takes all kinds of people to make this world. BUT IT DON'T! We just have all kinds of people!
Ross- tightwad home cook
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Shuswap » Sat Aug 30, 2014 16:22

Well put Duk :!: