Breaking Out

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Shuswap
Passionate
Passionate

Breaking Out

Post by Shuswap » Sun Sep 07, 2014 23:05

What a weekend with daughter and sister-in-law and their husbands. It is the first time, being a beginner to this tasty hobby, that each of our meals included our own sausage and charcuterie. We all survived the breakfast patties, the capicola and the dry-cured ham. For a change in direction we did bbq`d quail as a starter. Too much fun and possibly too much wine. :mrgreen:
Darwin
User
User

Post by Darwin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 23:49

Good food and drinks with friends and family is a wonderful thing, sounds like you had a great weekend. :wink:
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Sep 08, 2014 06:09

Shuswap wrote:For a change in direction we did bbq`d quail as a starter.
OK, I want pics and recipe. At any given time I have 20 or 30 California quail in my back yard. I want to eat them but the Supreme Ruler will have nothing of it. Now, if I can show her that even mild-mannered, civilized folk who live in peace and harmony with the mosquitoes on the shores of the Shuswaps eat quail, I might get the green light. :shock: :lol:
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58

Were you using the family as "guinea pigs" in a taste test ? :mrgreen:
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Mon Sep 08, 2014 20:23

OK, I want pics and recipe. At any given time I have 20 or 30 California quail in my back yard. I want to eat them but the Supreme Ruler will have nothing of it. Now, if I can show her that even mild-mannered, civilized folk who live in peace and harmony with the mosquitoes on the shores of the Shuswaps eat quail, I might get the green light. :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Use a pellet rifle and you can pick them off one by one without scattering the covey as would happen with a firearm. They are delicious! RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
cogboy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by cogboy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 22:57

I lived in Arizona for a bit and I agree with Ray that quail are delicious !