Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Jan 12, 2015 18:18

Hey John! Welcome, we are glad to have you aboard! This is the best place to come and discuss the art and science of charcuterie and we all learn from each other. I also look forward to learning a few things from you as well.
redzed

Post by redzed » Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:40

My fellow meatheads, a few days ago we reached a milestone on this forum and now have over 1,000 registered members! The traffic on the forum is also growing as we have well over 500 visits each day. Image

Congratulations to rimtapp from Maryland who became our 1,000th member! We also extend a warm welcome to the fine group of international sauasage aficionados who climbed aboard our meat wagon: blues brother, Central Georgia; Tomer1, Haifa, Israel; inishta, Mugla, Turkey; smarticer, Baltimore MD; camarque, Khon Kaen, Thailand; Drpaul, Georgia; dhg, Michigan; Ginger, Michigan; JohnMarc, Oregon; ibebirdman, Idaho; Popmoon, Tennessee; cmcfarla, North Dakota; Portageur, Rattlesnake Harbour, Ontario; Aapedro, Seoul, Korea; Jrainona, Kentucky, Peck, Massachusetts and DaveOmak, Washington State.

Whether you are an old hand with the sausage stuffer or just embarking on a new hobby, you will find a whole meat lug of info here. Ask questions and give us reports on your sausage making adventures! Check out the best manual on sausage making available on the internet, along with hundreds of recipes here: http://www.meatsandsausages.com/

There are also dozens more recipes available from our members. Check them out:
http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5146

Wishing you many happy hours on our forum,
redzed
Lance Link
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lance Link » Sun Jan 18, 2015 19:30

Hello, my name is Jon. I've been making fresh and smoked sausage for some time and now would like to expand my skills to cured and dried sausage. I hope to gain much knowledge from this forum.
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Jan 19, 2015 16:51

Welcome Jon! You are in the right place! Ask any questions you may have ...lots of like minded folks to help out.
Lance Link
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lance Link » Mon Jan 19, 2015 22:35

Bob K wrote:Welcome Jon! You are in the right place! Ask any questions you may have ...lots of like minded folks to help out.
Thanks for the welcome.
redzed

Post by redzed » Sat Jan 24, 2015 20:14

The population of the WD Sausage Nation continues to rise each day. Warm welcome to the new members. Over the past few days census records show that we have added the following newborns to our community:
Lance Link, Eastern PennsylvaniaImage SmokedMeatLog, CalgaryImage Montreal_1982, Montreal Image
Chris Kull, Connecticut Image Ondaderthad, BrisbaneImageStarwars1138, near Atlanta, Image
jpottsxl, Picton, Ontario ImageRoller, Louisiana ImageDean, Pasadena NewfoundlandImage
hitgitl, New Jersey Imagetartarkenburg, Seattle, WA Image

Don't be shy! Ask questions, comment, critique (constructively and politely) and post and tell us something about yourself and your sausage making interests. Whether you are an old and gnarled hand at the grinder or a fledgling looking for the ON/OFF switch, there is a meat wagon load of info here for you!
SmokedMeatLog

Post by SmokedMeatLog » Tue Jan 27, 2015 08:32

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I have had some success at fresh sausage and now I am setting my sights on smoked sausage and fish..especially trout, since I have a ton of it....and maybe curing some landjager in the future.

I currently have a 5#stuffer and a grinder as well as a Bradley smoker with PID controls and the cold smoke attachment, but one of my New Years resolutions is to learn/improve on my welding so maybe a smoker build is in my future.

I look forward to getting to know you guys better and wasting many hours browsing through the site :)
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Jan 28, 2015 07:49

...and wasting many hours browsing through the site
Wasting? Wasting? Have you been speaking to my wife?? :?: :shock:

I would rather think that spending time on the forum is rewarding, enriching, enlightening, etc. etc. :grin:
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Thu Feb 05, 2015 14:15

Another busy week for new members! Welcome beconizer from Dublin, Ireland, Gibbo from Thompson, Manitoba, Crusher from Saratoga, Australia, DougS from the Great Plains of the U.S. , hutikka in the country of Estonia and pyskie from Luzon in the Philippines. Lots of meaty information exchanged here among friends so ask questions ,post information and pictures and feel right at home!!
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Wed Feb 18, 2015 14:37

Another large group of smokers and sausage stuffers to welcome this week. Please use caution as this hobby is habit forming! Welcome The lovely mk294 from NY, gator gar from Texas, HieronimDWed from Poland, JamieBaroni from Philadelphia PA, Wizmaub from Finland, Nellynel from the United States, mj05 from New Jersey, BarneyNCyndi from Everett, WA, stefcia from snowy MA, Ben from http://www.smokedandcured.com.au in MELBOURNE VIC, and PER2467 from Sunny AZ.
prosty człowiek

Hello

Post by prosty człowiek » Sun Feb 22, 2015 04:35

I have been visiting this web-site for quite a while, and just recently made my first batch of sausage. I built a fermentation cabinet over the winter, and I am itching to make a salami, or pepperoni, or summer sausage.

My first sausage was an Andouille, and I will be making an Italian next. I have learned so much from this site, and I just want to keep going.

Thank you for the education. You guys are AWESOME!

Prosty Człowiek (Simple Man)
Simple
Wizmaub

Post by Wizmaub » Sun Feb 22, 2015 19:15

Hey guys, Wizmaub here!
Just joined the forum, and wanted to say a little hello to everyone.

Looking forward to spending good times here!
redzed

Post by redzed » Sun Feb 22, 2015 21:30

Welcome prosty człowiek and Wizmaub! You are among friends here and this is the best place on the planet to exchange sausage making experiences!

Prosty, if you have pics of your curing chamber, we sure would like to see them! And your nick suggests you are Polish but your first sausages are andouille and Italian? What gives?

Wizmaub, tell us what type of sausages you are interested in? I was in Helsinki 3 years ago and at an outdoor market neat the waterfront there was a stand where they had some mustamakkara, so I had to sample some! Not that revelational, but I was hungry and cold so it tasted good!
dhg

Post by dhg » Mon Feb 23, 2015 01:04

Hi, my name is Rich, and am very new to sausage making. My wife has been grinding beef for hamburger for a few years and burned up her #5 grinder last fall and over this past Christmas bought a #12 LEM grinder. While I was looking it over I came across the stuffing tubes and thought making sausage might be fun. I started doing a little research and came across this forum and was hooked. What a wealth of information to be found here.

I have been reading last falls beginner class and am going to follow it as best as I can. Making the loose breakfast sausage was on my list for this weekend but with the cold weather we've had, I had to deal with a frozen pipe instead.

I am looking forward to making some good sausage.

Rich
redzed

Post by redzed » Mon Feb 23, 2015 18:00

Hey Rich, welcome! I'm glad that you have benefited from the info on our site. The Lem # 12 grinder is a good one, I have one myself. And if you are only making fresh sausages for now, it does a good job in stuffing as well. You have a whole bunch of great fresh sausage recipes on our sister site here http://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes They are easy and most don't require exotic spices. Keep us posted as to how your sausage making evolves.

redzed