Hello and a fatty

Alan

Hello and a fatty

Post by Alan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 20:09

A good friend of mine suggested I post these pics here. As you can see my name is Alan, I have lurked and learned here for a couple of years but as I explained to my friend and mentor, I don't post because I'm a minor league player in a major league park... Yes my friend is a long time member here. Unknowingly to him, he inspired me to try to make my first fatty, a breakfast fatty. It was fantastic and more importantly my lovely wife said "more! I want more!" Not the healthiest but oh well. Something worth trying if you haven't. I just wanted to formally introduced myself and say what a fantastic site this is.

I did my first with breakfast sausage, cheddar jack cheese, onions, bell pepper, scrambled eggs with a little Tabasco cooked in, potatoes, garlic powder and salt/pepper.

Smoked for three hours at 250f with apple chips

Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Mon Apr 11, 2016 20:54

That is beautiful work Alan and thanks for sharing. If that's not major league I don't know what is.

Please don't feel reluctant to post any questions you may have. There is a lot of knowledge here on many things and the only real difference might be some of us have probably made more mistakes than you have and by asking hopefully you can learn from our mistakes rather than repeating them.
redzed

Post by redzed » Wed Apr 13, 2016 04:10

Hey Alan we're glad to have you aboard. Your "fattie" is, hands down, the best looking one I have ever seen! The perfect bacon weave, just the right amount of smoke and heat and that scrumptious filling oozing out all that goodness. I almost hopped into my pickup and headed for the border, hoping that there may be a slice left before I got there!

You deserve a round of applause!
Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 16:15

BB and Redzed, thank you for the kind words and welcome to the board!

Alan
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Thu Apr 14, 2016 18:39

Real stupid question.

Can you make that ahead of time and reheat for breakfast? If so what is the best way.
Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 19:14

Bob K wrote:Real stupid question.

Can you make that ahead of time and reheat for breakfast? If so what is the best way.
My first fatty ever so I don't have experience as far as the best way to reheat. With that said I've had it twice for leftovers and just microwaved it, it was still very good and did well with hash browns and toast. For me it reheated just fine. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Thu Apr 14, 2016 20:44

I've also the microwave.
harleykids
Passionate
Passionate

Post by harleykids » Fri Apr 15, 2016 13:25

Yep, good ol' microwave for me too!