It's been a while

Bob K

Re: It's been a while

Post by Bob K » Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:27

LOUSANTELLO wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:12
According to the bottle, all it says is peppers and salt, but my first thinking is whether it makes it oilier. What is your take on this?
I was thinking the Olive oil would have made the texture less firm. I assume you got yours from Craft Butcher Pantry as that's the only one I have seen without added oil.
LOUSANTELLO
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

Post by LOUSANTELLO » Sat Mar 09, 2019 13:26

Bob K wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:27
LOUSANTELLO wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:12
According to the bottle, all it says is peppers and salt, but my first thinking is whether it makes it oilier. What is your take on this?
I was thinking the Olive oil would have made the texture less firm. I assume you got yours from Craft Butcher Pantry as that's the only one I have seen without added oil.
I got it from Craft. No olive oil. They're drying. They just need more time and more weight lost for the same "feel". I also had a bad humidity sensor a month ago. I bought a new sensor and calibrated it. I never calibrated the old one, so I'm playing around as to where my settings should be to get the chamber back the way it was. The chamber was on auto-pilot for such a long time until this sensor decided to give false readings that were 15% off
Bob K

Post by Bob K » Mon Mar 11, 2019 13:10

Its always a good idea to also have a hygrometer (that can be calibrated) in your chamber also. I gave up on the digital ones as they seem to go out of their adjustment range within a year to 18 months, I have used the same analog one for many years with minimal adjustments required