New contest - recipe of the month

All important news and announcements will be posted here.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 09:06

I've been talking with Snagman via email. He has a lot of confidence in his Hungarian Csabaii and would like to re-enter it in the contest for October. Good move Snagman... consider it re-entered. I believe you've got a pretty good recipe here. I think the recipe is quite unique and "clean" (without too many "perfumes"). To view the photos that Snagman included, click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/e...php?p=4046#4046

Hungarian Csabaii From: Snagman in Sydney, Australia
This sausage takes its name from the village which many years ago made it famous. There is, in October each year a festival, celebrating its uniqueness, culminating in the crowning of the "Csabai King", who is the winner of the best sausage made in a space of two hours, with meat supplied by the organisers. It is a great tasting sausage, both grilled as fresh, or smoked and used in sandwiches or as an ingredient in dishes. (Recipe is above).
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Wed Nov 16, 2011 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Tue Oct 18, 2011 01:26

Hey Bubba, Congratulations on your well deserved win.
I have been experimenting with making sausages uncased, baking them until firm, and wrapping them in thin bread dough and baking the bread. Generally called pigs-in-blankets. Usually done with breakfast sausage but with your blessings I will try this mix inside some whole wheat/rye bread and see if we like the combination.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 03:29

Topic Split by Chuckwagon 10/18/11 @20:27
See: New Topic: "Pig-in-blanket and sausage rolls" in forum: Other Products

Link here: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=4388#4388
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sat Oct 29, 2011 18:45

Hi Chuckwagon,

The friendly Postlady delivered my book today "Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages" by Stanley and Adam Marianski.
Thank you very much, please also thank everyone behind this sponsorship. I appreciate it very much.

:lol: Going to read now, and if I get too quiet on here send me a text message to the book to remind abbuB to read the forum in between of making better sausage. :lol:

....and I promise not to read the book backwards :shock:
Ron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 04:53

Topic Split by Chuwagon 11/2/11 @21:54
See: New Topic: Not my web page so why should I complain? In Hyde Park

Link here: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5267
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 05:26

Topic split by Chuckwagon 11/14/11 @21:25
See new topic: Dave's Dilly Dogs in "Sausages".

Link here: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=5314
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 06:03

Hi sausage makers. I just got word from Poland. Yup, about the contest! And the winner for October is...... "Hungarian Csabaii" by Snagman in Australia - submitted 10/09/11.
To view the photos that Snagman included, click on this link: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?p=4046#4046
Congratulations Snagman! :mrgreen: You've won an autographed copy of one of Stan Marianski's books.
(Snagman, please send me your full name and address by email or PM.)

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Last edited by Chuckwagon on Tue Nov 15, 2011 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 08:49

crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 00:20

Hi Gus,
Congratulations Mate. A well deserved win. I will be stuffing casings this avo with 7.2 kg of your winning recipe.
Regards,
Jan.
Brisbane.
snagman
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by snagman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 06:34

Thank you very much, Chuckwagon, Jan, and Bubba ! Like any cook, I am very happy that others have tried and enjoyed something I had introduced them to.
Regards, Gus
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17

Hi Folks.
The "Recipe Contest Of The Month" is being suspended as of today. There have been a few months when no one has even entered. The folks in Poland tell me that it may be resumed at some point in the future. I'd like to thank "Maxell" Mirek (Miroslaw) Gebarowski and "Seminole" Stan and Adam Marianski for their generous contributions in offering their books as prizes. Much appreciated gentlemen!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Mon Dec 19, 2011 17:35

While such contests encourage creativity I am inclined to believe that creative uses for existing sausage recipes could be a good idea. http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage-recipes/all , there are at least 150 recipes just here and the The sausagemakers site also has a list ; http://www.sausagemaker.com/ourfavoriterecipes.aspx ,. My belief is the meat is only a part of the meal, often the central part but still just a part. We have gotten some very fine recipes for making main dish meals using sausage for example Cajun cooking uses sausage in the many pot meals that make the backbone of Cajun style cooking.
My dad used to buy what we knew as kielbasa for the meat in a pot of steamed cabbage with boiled potatoes.
Ross- tightwad home cook