Hi New Guys - Introduce Yourself

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 01:41

Welcome to Wedliny Domowe MnSusageGuy in Minnesota and Grandmapudgie in Poland, Indiana. Did you folks know that there are two theories for arguin' with a woman? Yup... And neither one works! :shock: Over the years, I`ve learned it`s best just to offer your wife four little words - "You`re probably right, dear". :roll:
It`s nice to have you with us folks. Make yourselves at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Wed Mar 21, 2012 02:54

A very wise priest once told me that if ever I get in an argument with a woman and discover that I am right apologise immediately.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 07:20

Hi Daniel6 in Watford, United Kingdom and welcome to WD, the best site on the net! Ya know, I was getting` out of the shower and caught a glance of myself in the bathroom mirror. I told my wife that I was startin` to get old. I said, "And that`s not all, I`m out of shape and overweight. Dang, not only have I lost my looks, but I`m startin` to go bald too! I scratched my head and said, "Honey, I could really use some kind words about now".
"OK", she said. "At least your eyesight`s darn near perfect".

It`s nice to have you with us Daniel6. Make yourself at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 08:46

Howdy Buckaroos! Alert from the sheriff... Heads up cowboys! Four desperados have busted outta jail and they`re headed this way. Be on the lookout for... what`s this? They`re riding into camp? Just look at those mugs! That`s a mighty hard-lookin` crew ain`t it? Those faces look like they've already worn out a few bodies! :lol: Here comes IdaKraut from northern Idaho, followed by kristje from Calgary, Alberta on two pieces of broomtail crowbait. Sakes alive, there`s Jja out of Missouri and tybryner from the US bringin` up the rear and riding drag. I believe I`ve seen his mug on a wanted poster somewhere! Ahhh, what the heck! Hang yer` tack in the shed and wipe down yer nags. We`ll see if Cookie can slap some of the dust from ya all. Join us at the campfire for great brisket drenched in St. Louie Red! Nice to have you boys with us. Welcome to WD.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 05:59

Hi sausage wranglers! We have three new folks joining us today. There`s Elvien_78 in New York, Houze01 in Hoddesdon (rural Hertfordshire, England), and Naron92 in Washington. Welcome to Wedliny Domowe folks.
Okay youngsters, I`ve got some "Chuckwagon`s Western Wisdom" for you: A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button! :mrgreen: It`s nice to have you with us.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 07:24

And a hearty welcome to checkerfred in Alabama! Hey Fred, do you realize that during your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food? Yikes... that's the weight of about 6 elephants. Glad to have you with us checkerfred.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
checkerfred
User
User

Post by checkerfred » Tue Apr 03, 2012 00:18

Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to learn more about sausage making so I can try some dry cure recipes!
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 07:25

Howdy Vermonter in Vermont and welcome to Wedliny Domowe. I wonder how many folks realize that your state was the first state admitted to the Union after the ratification of the Constitution. Not only that, but how many realize Vermont has the least populated capital (fewer than nine thousand people and NO McDonald`s :shock: ) in the United States? We`re glad to have you with us pal. Make yourself at home.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 04:22

Welcome aboard Janzy in Boston, Massachusetts. Janzy, I believe you only need two tools in life... yup, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn`t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn`t move and does, use the duct tape! :mrgreen: Nice to have you with us Janzy.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 06:22

Shucks pards, just look at this hardened crew of buckaroos ridin` in fer` supper tonight `round the ol` campfire. They all look like they are atwixt and atween bad medicine and broomtail bait. :shock: Grab yer` reloadin` outfits boys and mosey on over to the Dutch oven. We`ll put some meat on yer` bones and bread in yer` brisket! Now rattle yer` hocks and see the biscuit shooter fer` seconds! Welcome king kabanos in California, kellis in Kansas City, Kansas, Baconologist in New York City, and lae1dy5y in England! Nice to have you wranglers ridin` for the WD brand!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 23:53

There`s a new wrangler in camp today and his name is Nakom from Tennessee. Welcome aboard Nakom. Make yourself at home. Perhaps you could answer a question for me... "What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant? :roll: And what if there were no hypothetical questions?" :shock:
Nice to have you with us Nakom.

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Apr 08, 2012 02:44

Chuckwagon, Is cooky gonna be able to keep enough grub on the fire with all these new wranglers showing up every day. I bet he is gonna start complainin that he needs more bacon and more eggs. More beans for supper and somebody is gonna have to hang a steer pretty soon ifin we don't want a rebellion.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 05:23

Yuppers! Cowboy up ol' pard. First we`ll unload a brick in the biscuit shooter`s cady down at the deadshot doggery. I reckon we`d bime-by shoot, Luke, or give up the gun and wipe chin. Let the waddies wake snakes and the more the merrier! We`ll jest fetch a wiggle on the goat meat or rustle up a herd in a snowstorm. Don`t take on so, fork your snuffy and follow that high binder - the one that looks like the hindquarters of bad luck! Dang, he looks like burnt boot but make goods bear paw. We`ll grab a root and rustle some skunk eggs! So here`s how ol` pard - slide on your hair case and have a mind ta` hash. Strap on yer` thumb buster and let`s absquatulate! We`ll be in apple pie order but among the willows if we`re not dusted by some high binder with a purpose and become exflunticated! Now, that otta fix the flint! :roll:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sun Apr 08, 2012 14:28

Chuckwagon, You need to publish a lexicon of cowboy lingo. I could read all of the words but my comprehension was only about 15%. :???: :shock: :roll:
Ross- tightwad home cook
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 09:04

Welcome to the WD Ranch Weber1T from Georgia. Step down off that bangtail snuffy and hang yer` rig on the corral fence. Put some air in your shake down and join the pot rustler stringin` a whizzer. Grab a reloadin` outfit and yer` eatin` irons and help yourself to the fixins` n` viddles on the grill. Slap a T-bone on yer` plate with a cob of freshly buttered hot corn and a bowl of green salad. There`s baked carrots and garlic taters on the fire too. You look like you have a wolf in yer` belly, so load up that plate twice and spread some axle grease on a few sourdough biscuits in the Dutch oven and top `em with onion-mushroom gravy from the black skillet. Just be sure to kick off your Marinos before you squat on your heels `round the ol` campfire! I`d git `sitiated` on that stump ifn` I wuz you! Nice to have you with us Weber!

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon