Australian And New Zealand Resources Discusion

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
Janlab
Frequent User
Frequent User
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 05:11
Location: Albany, Western Australia

Post by Janlab » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:47

Do you mean it must take an Australian three pin plug?
J
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 06:21
Location: Brisbane

Post by crustyo44 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 22:30

Hi Aaron,
Go to Ebay and look what they have for sale.
Just search for Digital Electronic Humidity Controller. They are basically all made in China.
Wiring instructions are included and they work great.
You will have to wire them through a 3 pin plug though.
Steve Plas in Perth has his wine fridge controlled by the above and a same style/size temperature controller.
I can vouch for his Charcuterie, it's 110%.
Cheers
Aaron
User
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 00:37
Location: Albany W.A

Post by Aaron » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:48

crustyo44 wrote:Hi Aaron,
Go to Ebay and look what they have for sale.
Just search for Digital Electronic Humidity Controller. They are basically all made in China.
Wiring instructions are included and they work great.
You will have to wire them through a 3 pin plug though.
Steve Plas in Perth has his wine fridge controlled by the above and a same style/size temperature controller.
I can vouch for his Charcuterie, it's 110%.
Cheers
Thanks Crusty for the feedback (yes, Janlab ..That's what I meant)....
I had already looked on Ebay but was unsure about the wiring and it's ability to function on our voltage so thanks for the confidence...I'll take another look...
I'll contact Steve and see what other products he can recommend
Cheers!
Aaron
Aaron
User
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 00:37
Location: Albany W.A

Post by Aaron » Fri Oct 17, 2014 09:41

What is Steve Plas's user name please...so that I can contact him
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 06:21
Location: Brisbane

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 04:17

Aaron, it's tazplaz. Look up his curing chamber in History. He makes some wonderful tasting charcuterie.
Cheers,
Jan.
Aaron
User
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 00:37
Location: Albany W.A

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 18, 2014 05:01

crustyo44 wrote:Aaron, it's tazplaz. Look up his curing chamber in History. He makes some wonderful tasting charcuterie.
Cheers,
Jan.
Can you help me navigate to History...I'm not sure how to do that?..Thanks
Croc
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 16:23
Location: Drouin

Post by Croc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 07:29

hello everyone, hope all is well
i been enjoying my smoking adventures a lot, doing another batch tonight

got my mind set on another project (kaszanka) and it seems that getting blood is virtually impossible but other day i seen someone mentioned powdered blood, is this available anywhere in victoria (or online) ?

TIA
User avatar
redzed
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3228
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 06:29
Location: Vancouver Island

Post by redzed » Sat Oct 18, 2014 07:29

Hi Aaron. Crusty probably meant for you to use the search function on this forum. Unfortunately it is not something that is always reliable. I think this is the thread he wanted you to look at:

http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6259
Aaron
User
User
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 00:37
Location: Albany W.A

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22

redzed wrote:Hi Aaron. Crusty probably meant for you to use the search function on this forum. Unfortunately it is not something that is always reliable. I think this is the thread he wanted you to look at:

http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?t=6259
Wow!....That is some fridge...Thanks for the link Redzed and thanks Steve for sharing that and thanks jan for initially getting me there!!

Regards
Aaron
User avatar
redzed
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3228
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 06:29
Location: Vancouver Island

Post by redzed » Sat Oct 18, 2014 16:04

Croc wrote:hello everyone, hope all is well
i been enjoying my smoking adventures a lot, doing another batch tonight

got my mind set on another project (kaszanka) and it seems that getting blood is virtually impossible but other day i seen someone mentioned powdered blood, is this available anywhere in victoria (or online) ?

TIA
Hi Croc, another option might be frozen pork blood. Check out stores that supply the Chinese community in your area to see whether they might have it.
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 06:21
Location: Brisbane

Post by crustyo44 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 21:41

Hi Croc,
The pork blood was imported from Tong Master seasonings in the UK. Look at EBay Australia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dried-Blood- ... 337e97aa08

Matter of fact, I have found a small local Abattoir here that could save me some blood if I push hard enough.
In Gippsland there must be still some privately owned Abattoirs if you look around.
Butchers won't tell you but wholesalers will.
Good Luck,
Jan.
Croc
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 16:23
Location: Drouin

Post by Croc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 02:20

thanks guys, will order from ebay, hope customs don't have issue with it :O

other question i have is in regards to wild boar or deer meat testing, i got someone offering me some meat for bottle of scotch in return, he hunts on his land so i'm wondering what i need to worry about before i use such meat for sausages
crustyo44
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1089
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 06:21
Location: Brisbane

Post by crustyo44 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 08:32

Hi Croc,
I have no experience with making sausages from either deer or wild pigs.
May I suggest you talk to the local Vet first for his opinion or a meat inspector if you have an abattoir near you.
To kill certain bugs you need to freeze it for quite an extended period at a certain temperature.
A friend of mine always dogged piglets, took them home, lots of thibenzole and after 6 months made all sorts of charcuterie. Luckily he knew what to do, he was a Frog butcher by trade.
I ate plenty of it and I am an old fart now.
Cheers mate,
Jan.
oneills
User
User
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 09:58
Location: Sth Gippsland, Vic

Post by oneills » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:03

Hi Croc.
There are only 2 abbatoirs East of Melbourne that kill pigs. Gathercoles at Carrum Downs and Gordyns at Sale. I have used Gordyns before but kill my pigs at home now. I doubt whether you will be able to import pigs blood due to quaratine laws. You are welcome to take blood next time i kill skme of mine but next lot may not be till June.

Cheers
Steve
Misty Springs Free Range Pigs
ANNAM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 22:08
Location: Melbourne

Post by ANNAM » Wed Oct 22, 2014 02:27

Hi Croc,

You can get pig's blood from a butcher at the Dandenong market.
Post Reply