Did You Ever Notice

Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Did You Ever Notice

Post by sawhorseray » Fri Mar 01, 2013 21:33

How perfectly a slice of Canadian Bacon fits on a English muffin?

And how perfectly a poached egg sits on top of the CB?

Or how it makes the mouth water once it's all slathered in Hollandaise sauce and sprinkled with pepper?

Or how a dog that doesn't mind can be trained to wash dishes!

I like to have my brunch right about 10 am, made this for less than $2, and it should hold me till dinner at 6:30

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
ssorllih
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ssorllih » Sat Mar 02, 2013 00:19

It takes a lot of effort but it is worth learning. I find that the CB fits better if the muffin has been toasted. And all of my dogs have been enthusiastic students.
Ross- tightwad home cook
Bubba
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bubba » Sat Mar 02, 2013 02:31

sawhorseray wrote:Or how a dog that doesn't mind can be trained to wash dishes!
If ever there is a life hereafter, I will volunteer to be your dog :lol:
Ron
Chuckwagon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chuckwagon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 09:58

English muffins? Hand crafted Canadian Bacon? Poached Egg? Hollandaise sauce? Yup, Ray ol` pard, I`d say that dog has you pretty well trained! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Chuckwagon
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it probably needs more time on the grill! :D
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sat Mar 02, 2013 14:49

Smart dog!

I love that combo.

Here's a little tip I found works well. Granted it may be sacrilidge but I found a small cup in the cubboard that has flat bottom and is the exact size of a muffin so when pressed for time I crack and egg and put in the cup and nuke it for a minute in the microwave. I then assemble the muffin and nuke the works for 45 seconds and got breakfast sorted in under 3 minutes with very little cleanup.
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Mar 02, 2013 17:22

Butterbean wrote:Smart dog!

I love that combo.

Here's a little tip I found works well. Granted it may be sacrilidge but I found a small cup in the cubboard that has flat bottom and is the exact size of a muffin so when pressed for time I crack and egg and put in the cup and nuke it for a minute in the microwave. I then assemble the muffin and nuke the works for 45 seconds and got breakfast sorted in under 3 minutes with very little cleanup.
I just might have to give that a try this morning, at least for my wife's brekky. Another little something I incorporate every now and then is to put a slice of pepper-jack or sharp cheddar on the muffin and micro-melt it along with the CB before installing the poached egg. As for the Hollandaise, it's only Knorr's for me, fast , easy, and perfect every time, tho I like to squeeze in a little lemon when it's done to give the sauce a bit of tangyness. I wonder if "tangyness" is a real word? I'm starting to think sourdough French toast with Camps syrup and a few slices of CB would make me happy right now. I lost three pounds yesterday somehow. RAY
“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”
sawhorseray
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sawhorseray » Sat Mar 02, 2013 18:20

Butterbean wrote:Smart dog!

I love that combo.

I just tried your recipe and my wife loves it! We've got a pretty strong microwave and after 41 seconds the egg popped. plopped it on top of the CB - muffin combo and threw it back into the micro for 35 seconds. The egg was a bit over-cooked, we like them runny, I'll make adjustments in the future. Thanks for the tip, it's a keeper! RAY
Butterbean

Post by Butterbean » Sat Mar 02, 2013 20:15

Glad you found it useful. I'm not a morning person and I have to find as many shortcuts as I can to get past my morning blaaahhs.

Sometimes I'll even make up several and wrap them in plastic and just nuke the whole thing in the morning. That's good too with no cleanup.